Tuesday, February 26, 2013

PCI Confirmed!

Hi everyone! PCI has been confirmed by our SS and booked for our independent inspector on the 8th of March 2013! The Final and most expensive inspection. haha! Funnily SS insists that our independent inspector does his inspections before he conducts one with us. I'm not sure if this is the standard procedures, but I definitely want to have a PCI with my SS, and not just rely on the report from my inspector.

As I was driving past today, I see people working on site and chiseling away our slab despite the crazy downpour in Melbourne. I think there must have been an over exposed slab, where the frame was sitting more in of the slab edge. 
They still hasn't rectified that steel rib sticking out...Its already started to rust away...
Rusting Steel Rib from Slab

Indoor and Outdoor taps and basins have been fitted out! Our Milli Edge wall mixers and taps are looking great! The Ensuite free-standing bath tub has also been connected. The only thing I am not too keen on is the shower rose that has been provided as standard. They look very cheap and poor in quality, looks like something that you buy from bunnings that would cost you $20. Probably something we will have to get changed later on after handover. Even our island bench vege spray has been installed! The plumber have also connected the downpipes to the storm water outlets - just in time for today's downpour!


Master Ensuite bath/mixer
Vege Spray on Island bench
Vege Spray
Outdoor Tap (too close to 20amps?)
Connected gutter pipes
Silt pit


I haven't been able to contact the SS regarding the lining board colours. But I will hope to be able to have a look in the house sometime this week. Probably will make an appointment with SS to do that. 

Garage doors were installed 25th Feb 13. I thought it was the wrong colour installed - from afar it looks like a surfmist colour bond, but in fact it is a dune colour bond - the right colour. 
Im also not sure if the garage door is suppose to have such a huge gap between it and the wall it's affixed to. I guess it would have to be picked up at our PCI.


Bnd Garage Panelmasta Contemporary Style
Colourbond Dune
Almost big enough to fit an entire finger through
Garage door gaps
Noticed that there had been some trucks from Stegbar parked out at the back yesterday, and a couple of guys cutting white laminate boards. Im guessing that the linen cabinets and the shelves for the walk in wardrobes have been fitted too. Im hoping the splashbacks and shower screens will go in tomorrow!

Im really excited to see the powder room. We paid the extra $852 (plus $102 extended mirror) to get the tiles to the higher height, just like how the display homes  has done theirs. We have 600mm x 600mm tiles too. I really hope the tiler has completed our powder room like the pictures below. I believe they add some kind of grandeur and style to the home. Just like our void :)
600mm tiles
Increased height of tiles
Nice workmanship
I also visited a LED wholesaler today. We decided to get baton holders installed in our entire house instead of getting the downlights installed by PD. PD was going to charge us quite a fair bit to have LED downlights. Our wholesaler insists that they can beat their price - so wholesaler is it. 
I picked out some 10w (for ground level) and 7w(for upper level) LED sample lights and I'm going to have to get an electrician to install them to the entire house. We will be rushing this immediately after handover.


Thinking of getting this for the activity room. Looks great and feels very sturdy. $880!



OH! and I received a letter in the mail from PD today advising me that the final payment is almost due! Oh PD... we haven't even had our PCI! come on! Well anyway, it states that we should get a bank cheque from our lending institution to exchange for our house keys on handover date. If we were to release the funds electronically, the keys wont be passed on to us until the funds have been cleared. I guess that will be fair. I also just hope that PD will be fair in keeping to their word when we find somethings to be rectified during our PCI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment