Sunday, October 28, 2012

Back to the colour pallets

So our BC called up on friday to inform me that the selections that we made for our cabinets in the Master Ensuite, Bathrooms and Powder Rooms have been discontinued. 
No longer available
We were given some suggestions and I think my family and I have landed on:
New Selection
Such a shame that we couldn't have what we initially selected. It brings me back to think about the time when I asked if we could change the colour of our garage door, and PD told me that they have already ordered the things when we put in our colour selections. Sad to say that why didn't the cabinet doors get ordered too - when the colour selections were made. 

Also, I was informed that the caesarstone island bench we have in our kitchen will have a 'joint' down width of the bench because its too big. We either go with the 1430mm joint stone bench, or we cut the size down to a 1390mm bench. Again this is puzzling me... why didn't PD rectify this at the beginning. Maybe we can work something out to keep out 1430mm bench top - change the stone used? 

Anyway, the progress over late last week has been great! We've seen the scaffolding go up on the 25th Oct 12, Thursday and wrapping half of the house as well. 
Hebel on the 2nd storey come to almost half way completed on the 26th Oct 12, Friday! 
Looks like PD were very accurate with their timeline! (slightly off this time around) 
But I expect to see the whole house panelled by next week. 

Our evaporative unit/heating was also installed on on the 26th Oct 12, Friday & 27th Oct 12, Saturday. I was so surprised to see them working on the weekend. I'm assuming that our frames will be straightened this week and insulation installed with plasterboard coming right after! 

Lock Up here we come!!
26th Oct 12
25th Oct 12
Hebel Panels /
Evaporative cooling Unit
Family Room Evap Duct

Kitchen Evap Duct
The Media centre for our lounge!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting about the Laminex colour not being available. I guess the pre-order thing is not entirely true :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had the same problem with PD, when we asked to change our down pipe colours. They said it's already been ordered.

    Don't see what's so hard about calling the company and changing colour of downpipes - when they are not installing it for at least another 2 months, in the end we're still paying for it.

    ReplyDelete